Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Shabby Tea Room Wk. 3 Challenge

The challenge this week at The Shabby Tea Room is to GET SCRAPPY! We all have them, and I think most of us are always trying to find ways to use them up, I know I sure am. So I thought I'd give this challenge a try.


The focal image is from a paper pad by Crafty Secrets, Heartwarming Vintage Collection, that I won as a prize in a blog candy giveaway. I don't normally do "vintage", so this card was a bit of a stretch for me. All of the other pieces of scrap paper on this card are from Papertrey Ink. There's card stock, patterned paper, stamped pieces, embossed pieces, you name it, I put it on here lol! I distressed everything with Tim Holtz Distress Ink. The butterflies were cut with a Martha Stewart punch and then I added prisma glitter to them. I made the flower using PTI dies; the lace is from my stash.

Thanks for stopping by, and consider playing along with The Shabby Tea Room challenge! I'd love to see what you come up with :)

Diane

18 comments:

  1. Diane, you have taken all the scraps and made a bea-u-ti-ful card!You don't do shabby, just like you don't do CAS. LOL!! Girl, you can do it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane I think you did a great job on this card! I love the sparkly butterflies. The lace is a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ... adorable vintage image and I {heart} those gold butterflies!! Thank you for joining us again this week at THE SHABBY TEA ROOM! I can't wait to see what you'll create for next week's new challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Stunning without being visually overwhelming. I *LOVE* it Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Diane! I think you did a great job doing vintage! I love that little girl. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look of this vintage card. I especially love the lace. Such a nice touch. Very pretty Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I think it is pretty. I love how you picked up the colors of the wings through out your card.You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think its is so pretty! I love the lace and the glittery butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! Love those glittered butterflies. Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have done a wonderful vintsge card, Diane! Love the butterflies. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely, Diane! You certainly have embraced different styles lately and been so successful! I think you can probably do anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowza, this is absolutely gorgeous!! And I can tell you really DID use scraps (I know 'em when I see 'em... they look just like mine, tee hee...). Beautifully done vintage - I just love it! (I'm originally from NE Penna., and my SIL is living in Leola - gorgeous country that is!!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your pretty lace and darling butterfly girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's beautiful, Diane! It might be outside of your comfort zone, but you executed it with terrific style! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you did a great job with this! I should try going out of my comfort zone once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE what you have come up with! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i think it's terrific! definitely has that old world charm!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE this Diane.. GREAT job on the challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment :)