Monday, September 13, 2010

CASE Study Challenge #5

Today I have a card for the current CASE Study challenge! This month they are CASEing the super talented Mariana Grigsby. If you're not familiar with Mariana's work be sure to hop over to her blog. I absolutely LOVE her style, which I would describe as bold and colorful, definitely a favorite of mine!

So onto my card. I used the PTI CHA set, Four of a Kind, for the first time. I was very fortunate to win this set in a blog giveaway on Peggysue's blog, Roses by my Window. Thanks Peggysue, I LOVE it!


I was inspired by the beautiful flowers, butterflies, and embossing on Mariana's card, so that's what I went with on mine. I had a piece of pretty butterfly ribbon that I've been itching to use, and that worked perfectly here!

If you've never played along with CASE Study, you should give it a try, it's really FUN!

Stamps: PTI Four of a Kind, Polka Dots II, Fillable Frames
Paper: PTI Kraft, white, Raspberry Fizz
Ink: PTI black, Hibiscus Burst, Nick Bantock Sapmoss Green
Ribbon: from my stash, black crochet thread
Misc: Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Swiss dot embossing folder, corner rounder, gems

36 comments:

  1. So pretty! Like your ribbon with the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the colors! And your little butterfly goes so well with the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous ribbon and it coordinates so well with your card! Wonderfully inspired piece, thanks so much for sharing it with us and thanks for playing along with CASE Study challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh! That butterfly ribbon is to die for!! This card is so BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is just fabulous, Diane! That ribbon is gorgeous and I love how it coordinates with the butterfly on your card :D
    Thanks so much for taking part in this week's CASE study!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The butterfly ribbon is perfect on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pink and lovely Diane! I love it! That ribbon is super fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! Look at that gorgeous ribbon. It's absolutely perfect on this card. The colors are so vibrant and happy. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so completely beautiful, I really like your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!! I love the color combo, and that ribbon is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Winner!!! You are going to win this challenge...love your card and adore the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Diane this is BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE everything about it!! That ribbon is so CUTE!!
    Hope your having a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Diane,
    Love the dots embossing and that butterfly ribbon....oH MY!!! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. You really should try the doily technique. Its not hard at all. Knowing you, yours would be so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Diane, this is gorgeous!! I love what you did with the ribbon and the rhinestones on the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty. Love that butterfly ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Diane!! this is absolutely beautiful!! love that ribbon with butterflies!! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Diane you never disappoint when I see you have a new post. This is so beautiful~~ I love the ribbon and all the details you put on this card!!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow, I love everything about this card!! The stamping, embossed kraft, ribbon.. oh my! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us on CASE Study! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Diane! Love the vibrant bow! So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card Diane! Would definitely be a cheerful piece of mail to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your card, I made a similar one ;-)
    I'm so happy I got the set too!

    Cheers ~

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a stunning card! Oh My Gosh, every detail is amazing! Congrats on winning such a beautiful stamp set too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous take on the CASE challenge. Love the flowers and vines.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card! I love the butterfly, ribbon, & those gemstones add just enough sparkle. Congrats on Top 3:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh so pretty! I ADORE this stamp set and soo glad I had a proxy to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Diane this is so pretty! I love the kraft layers in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the colours you have chosen for this one Diane, the stamp set is perfect! Congrats on your top 3 win! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE study this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. this is so pretty, Diane! love the big ribbon, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment :)