Friday, December 17, 2010

Chrsitmas treat holders

Good morning! Even though this project isn't entirely finished, I wanted to post it in case any of you would like to copy this idea for Christmas :)




I'm always looking for ways to recycle the plastic boxes my PTI stamps come in. Believe me, I have TONS of these things sitting around lol! So I came up with these goodies bags for my daughters class mates. In all I made 26 of them, and was SO happy to use up 26 boxes! Below are the 4 different designs I made.




I filled them with a variety of items. Most of these were dollar store finds, so it really didn't cost that much! I still want to add a homemade cookie in a glassine bag but I haven't made those yet.




To make these, I flattened the plastic box and trimmed off the top closure plus a bit more (used my Tonic guillotene cutter). I only decorated the fronts of the boxes, that saved on time and paper.




I punched holes in both sides of the box, and used another dollar store find to make the handle. Aren't these pine pipe cleaners cute! These were really a lot easier than doing ribbon handles, plus I love that they stand up on their own! I also bought silver and gold pipe cleaners and used the silver on the box above.




I put some red paper shreds in the bottom of each box as a "nest" for the goodies :)





I used PTI's Tiny Treats Christmas stamps to make these, and did some quick Copic coloring. I really LOVE how they turned out, and I hope Ali's classmates do too!




Do you have some fun plans for the weekend? We're going to be doing our baking, Christmas cookies, mini loaves, and some treat mixes. I'll have more ideas to share with you in a few days ;)


21 comments:

  1. What SWEET gifts! I love! I just posted a project using that Papertrey Ink deer! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bright and cute bags! Good idea, I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Fantastic idea, Diane! Can't wait to see what other tricks you have up your sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are great! I can't believe you made 26 of them! Way to use up those boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute goodie bags, Diane! What a great idea to use the boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a brilliant idea for the clear boxes! The kids will love these for sure. Your labels are adorable, and so are the handles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute idea Diane, love the handles. Looks like you have a good excuse to buy more stamps. You are going to need more boxes for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a terrific!! I love them and I am sure your daughter's classmates will also.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are absolutely spectacular Diane!!
    Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this idea Diane! I have oodles of these boxes too! My daughter starts kindergarten next fall and I think she'd appreciate me making these for her class than my son! Into my folder of favorite projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my thse are cute! What a fun idea! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea Diane! I bet the children loved these. Thanks for sharing your creativity. Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How utterly cute are these little treat boxes, and they're sure to please all those classmates of your daughter's! You're such a thoughtful person :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute! Great way to use those boxes. I bet the kids loved them too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 26!!! Wow, you were on a mission for sure!! These are totally cute and I just love how you used the PTI boxes for these!! That is so creative and her classmates will ADORE them!! Fabulous, fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG those handles are too freaking smart and cute!!! LOVE THEM ALLL and you are a GREAT MOMMY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. so cute! wonderful packaging idea! love this, Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What fun, Diane! I have been working all day on a present for my 2 yr old granddaughter, tomorrow is my grandson's present and all the cards to get mailed! I know I'm late! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a FANTASTIC idea for those glassine boxes! LOVE the pipe cleaner handles, too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What fun and festive treat boxes Dianne! Happy Holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are just too adorable Diane! I love the concept and the papers! That stamp set is so stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment :)