Thursday, December 23, 2010

Last minute gift idea

I have a quick, last minute gift idea for you this morning. Yesterday as I was moments away from leaving for my physical therapy appointment, I decided I wanted to take a little something to the staff. They've been so kind and they work very hard, and I wanted to show my appreciation.




I grabbed a Ball jar, and hung some candy canes around the rim. Then I emptied a bag of Hershey's Mint Truffle Kisses into the center of the jar. I took a strip of fabric that I had in my fabric stash and tied it around the rim of the jar. Tied on a tag (yes, another one of those that I had left over from last year, another recommendation for having tags on hand at all times), and that was it, a gift ready to go. It literally took me 2 or 3 minutes to put together!





I know I said yesterday that this would be my last post until after Christmas, but I'm working on something at the moment that I'll share with you later today ;)

Diane

13 comments:

  1. Cute gift! So nice to be prepared. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family and see you in the New Year! Hugs! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun Diane! I love that big tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love it when it turns out so beautiful and you did it as you were walking out the door. See it does pay to have all our goodies on hand just in case :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute idea Diane. That tag is great. I think we all should learn from you and have some prepared, just in case!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea. I bet they loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who wouldn't love these? The colors are screaming Christmas and it's CANDY! YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok is this not the CUTEST idea!! What a FUN gift!!!
    Merry Christmas Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What festive and yummy fun! Love the colours and the tag - and the goodies will be enjoyed to the last crumb!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you came up with some cool gift ideas, girl! love this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a sweet idea! I need to have tags on hand too, it sure would come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet is this?? I may have to use this idea for Valentine's! I love the idea of putting the goodies in a jar!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE it all Diane! I can't believe I forget to check up on you here! I don't know why I don't get notices when you post! I'm a subscriber!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment :)