Sunday, December 11, 2011

More tags

I have 2 more tags to show you using the technique that I linked to in this blog post.  Once again I ask you to please excuse the blurry photos, I can't wait until my good camera is fixed!

For the tag below, I first used a stencil and Tea Dye distress ink for the diamond shape in the background.  Then I stamped with Old Paper distress ink using a Waltzingmouse text stamp.  Next I stamped the flower with leaves (a Unity stamp), using Fired Brick and Peeled Paint distress stains.  The brown center of the flower was also done with distress stain (Vintage Photo), using a starburst stamp from Waltzingmouse's Vintage Ornaments.  The sentiment (PTI) was stamped with black ink, as were the little scrolls at the top of the tag.  I hand stitched some vintage lace onto the end of the tag to finish it.
 



The next tag uses stamps from Unity.  The background is a single stamp that I inked with Old Paper distress ink.  The bird was stamped using Broken China distress stain, and the sentiment was stamped with black ink.





That's all I have for today.  Next week I really need to start working on some Christmas gifts if I want to get them done in time!


18 comments:

  1. Dian, these are gorgeous! I love how the flower looks using the stains and with the addition of the starburst. And tat bit of lace is the perfect finisher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two more beautiful tags. They are both wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really cool tags! I love the vintage feel on the first, and that soaring bird on the 2nd really looks pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both great, I especially like the one with the lace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tags, I love the addition of lace to the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. More beautiful tags, Diane! Love both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, Diane--love your tags! I am just now seeing both posts and there certainly is a lot of gorgeous work. I really like the effect you get with the distress inks & stains--so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So Pretty Pretty Miss Diane! Love these! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful! I love the texture that the lace adds in the first.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, NEAT tags, Diane! I realyl love the first one - that flower is just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tags in both posts, Diane! So glad you are crafting, it is such a busy time of year. Have a lovely Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I love that first tag Diane, it's gorgeous! Both of them are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful tags, love the effect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your family Diane! Hope your having a GREAT day!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All of your tags are so pretty! I love how you made them all so different and unique!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment :)