Saturday, December 10, 2011

Tag Play

Hello everyone!  I wanted to share a few tags that I made last week.  Basically I was "playing" when I was making these, so there are no mini masterpieces here, hee hee, just trying out a new to me technique.  Did you see this blog post several months ago from Jill Foster?  Jill did a wonderful video for Penny Black, using Tim Holtz Distress Inks and Stains, to make some really gorgeous tags!  I loved the muted, watercolor effect using the stains and wanted to try it with some of my stamps.

***Please excuse the rather crappy pictures here, my good camera is broken and I had to use my not so good camera, and the results are the best I could give ya; hopefully you get the idea ;)




PTI fans will recognize various stamps used on these tags.  I also used some Waltzingmouse stamps.




The tag below uses a set from CTMH, and the word "peace" is from Practicing Creativity.













This was a fun technique to play with, and I'm anxious to try some things with non Christmas stamps.

Thanks for stopping by today :)
 

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas tags! I like the vintage feel to the tags Diane. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. These tags are all so beautiful. I am wondering what technique you use to get that distressed, vintage effect?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyce, click on the link to Joy's video, she does a wonderful job of showing this technique :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tags, Diane!! The inking is just fab - I may have to check out that video! I think my fave is the very first one - such beautiful stamps, and you combined them wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous Diane! Love that they are all one layer...with lots of layers of beautiful stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so super fun Diane! I loooove all of them and probably couldn't pick a fav, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so striking, love that watercolor effect, and your great job of combining stamp sets to create a beautiful set of Christmas tags.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all great. Love the vintage feel of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What Fabulous Vintage style Christmas tags Miss Diane! Love the Water color affect! I am definitely going to have to check out that Video! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tags are beautiful, Diane! I love playing with distress inks/stains!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tags Diane! you did a great job making them, love the depth you added using distress ink!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Diane, I LOVE these tags! Your artistic flair shines with these!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous layered stamping on all of these. I especially love the second and last ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all fantastic! Each one has a distinctive look of it's own, but I love that you stamped them instead of layering them! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These tags are wonderful Diane. I love the vintage feeling to them all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are fabby Diane!

    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment :)