Thursday, December 29, 2011

Resources for Primal living

So how about some tips and resources for the post I did a couple of days ago?  If you didn't read that post and would like to, here's the link.

First of all, some resources.

Eat Wild   Check here to find local sources for grass fed foods.

Local Harvest    Another resource for finding local sources for organic, real food.

Real Milk   Check here to find where you can buy real (raw) milk.

Mark's Daily Apple   One of the best sources I've found for information.  They also have a huge, active forum where you can ask questions.

Amazon   I was amazed to learn about all the health products you can buy on Amazon!!!  I'm linking you here to the coconut oil I use.  I've also bought coconut flakes, coconut flour, and many other food products from Amazon.  They offer great prices and fast, free shipping on many items.

US Wellness Meats    I've ordered several times from this company.  The products I ordered (chuck roast bundle, liverwurst, and beef sticks) were of excellent quality and the shipping was fast.   I suggest signing up for their newsletter.  In addition to informative articles it will notify you of their sales.
 

In addition to the above resources, I subscribe to a number of blogs that regularly offer great recipes and information.  Some of these blogs are strictly paleo/primal, some follow similar eating plans such as GAPS or WAP.  The ones I'm listing are some of my favorites (in no particular order), but there are MANY more out there!

Nom Nom Paleo

elanaspantry

The Food Lover's Primal Palate

Cave Girl Eats

Everyday Paleo

Paleo Parents

Nourished Kitchen

Cheeseslave

The Clothes Make the Girl

Multiply Delicious

Food Renegade

Healthy Living How To

Health-Bent

This Primal Life

Balanced Bites

Purely Primal

Daily Bites


If you are a part of the Pinterest community, look me up there, I have a board dedicated to paleo/primal recipes.  I think I'm soon going to divide that board into 2 separate boards, savory and sweet, so the recipes will be easier to find.  I've discovered A LOT of great paleo/primal blogs on Pinterest by subscribing to others who link to paleo/primal blogs.  It's a great resource!

I think I'm going to stop here for now.  Lee Anne requested some sample menu plans, and I will do that for you over the next few days.  Have a good one :)






I

8 comments:

  1. Diane, I am just now getting time to read through your last two posts! How wonderful that you have found a new health plan that is working so well. I am SO happy for you! Just imagine all the wonderful things you have to look forward to in 2012 now that you are feeling better. I'll love seeing more posts. I've missed seeing all those gorgeous creations. Wishing you a happy and blessed New Year! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the information and links! I'm very interested and growing more and more intrigued with it all. I'd love to join pinterest, but I'm not on facebook, so I can't join! Bummer :(
    Wishing you a new year filled with good health and happiness!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm *so* thrilled for you Diane and really wish you all the best with the dietary changes you're following here! I respect and support people who take the time to make informed decisions about their health and it sure sounds like yours are paying off! WTG and a wonderfully healthy/pain free 2012 wished for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for all the helpful links, Diane! Happy New Year to you and yours! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your steps to a healthier you! I have been on a quest for years to do away with everything I could not hindered my body(also aged and falling apart),eating fresh and no msg or preservativies, been through menopause, but living pain free and sleeping would be fabulous! Happy 2012 to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read your last post and was totally wowed by it. I am so happy for you that you have been able to transform through diet and a wonderful attitude. I will certainly read many of the sites you have listed, and I look forward to reading your future posts regarding diet. I exercise regularly and I am a healthy weight but I am plagued by an unhealthy diet. I want the will power to give up sugar and unprocessed foods so that I may stop craving them. Keep posting; I am a very interested reader, and I am VERY happy for you. donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the links after your very interesting last post Diane. I'm so pleased to hear about all the improvements to your health and especially that you don't feel deprived in any way. Go girl!
    Happy 2012
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year my sweet blog friend! I don't even have to guess what YOUR New Year's resolution is because you are just living it! I am so happy for you and think it is so Wonderful you are even sharing recipes! Have a FAB New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment :)